March 16 Update: All Georgia Tech Course Instruction to go Online for Remainder of Spring 2020 Semester
Below, you will find the information and resources that are available from Georgia Tech and from the AE School.|
To keep up with this constantly evolving story, please visit our new
AE COVID-19 Resource Update page for daily updates.
The following list of Georgia Tech COVID-19 Resources will be updated, as more information becomes available, so please check back daily.
- COVID-19 Health Info and Guidance from GT COVID 19 Task Force
- Frequently Asked Questions for Students
- Georgia Tech Academic Continuity Student Resources
- Immediately report any campus emergencies to the Georgia Tech Police 404-894-2500
- Georgia Department of Public Health Gives Guidance for Georgia Residents
- The Centers for Disease Control Gives Background on the Pandemic
A Message for AE GRAs & GTAs
The following message from Prof. Mitchell Walker, associate chair for Graduate Studies, was updated on March 23:
Graduate Students and Postdocs: ALL research on campus is to stop by 5 p.m. on Thursday (March 19, 2020). Work with your faculty advisor to coordinate your off-campus research activity. Your faculty research advisor will contact you if you are allowed to continue your on-campus research activities beyond March 19, 2020.
Graduate Teaching Assistants: You need to be available to work with your course instructor the week of Monday, March 23, to prepare for remote instruction starting Monday, March 30, and thereafter to remotely support the delivery of this instruction. Work with the course instructor and your faculty advisor to confirm your plans.
What does COVID-19 mean for daily life at the AE School?
As you know, Georgia Tech is responding to COVID-19 by reducing in-person contact in our daily operations and moving all classes to an online format for the rest of the semester. We will use the week of March 23 as a trial and practice run for distance learning, and begin online instruction the week of March 30. As we all acclimate to this change, the AE School faculty and staff want you to know your well-being and your continued academic achievement during this difficult time are important to us. We will continue to work for your success. And we will be making a special effort to connect with you.
Please note that if you need to visit the campus, you will need to use your BuzzCard to gain access to the AE buildings. With fewer people on campus, the doors have been put on 24/7 lock.
Connect with AE Academic Resources
The AE academic office will use a variety of means to connect with both undergraduate and graduate students. Here are some ways that you can expect to connect with us.
- Email: You can still directly email the advising staff to process permits, forms, and petitions and to ask routine questions.
- For general inquiries you can use email@example.com
- For Undergraduate Advisor: Brittany Hodges firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Undergraduate Advising Manager: Chris Lundy email@example.com
- For Associate Chair of Undergraduate Programs, Prof. Stephen Ruffin
firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule an appointment at ruffin.setmore.com
- For Associate Chair of Graduate Programs Prof. Mitchell Walker email@example.com
- For Graduate Academic Assistant, Kamaria Richards firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: Call us with your advising or other questions.
- Kamaria Richards: 404-894-3471
- Chris Lundy: 404-385-1595
- Brittany Hodges: 404-894-3433
- Canvas: Use Canvas to receive course information and communicate directly with your instructors
- Blue Jeans: Use Blue Jeans to conduct video-conference advising
- Buzzport/GradesFirst: Undergraduates, please make your advising appointments through GradesFirst, which is in your Buzzport account. You can reach out to either advisor, but here are the preferred contacts according to your last name.
Connect with Other Resources
- GT Employee Assistance - available to all healthcare benefits-eligible employees*
- ANY EMERGENCY should be reported to the Georgia Tech Police Department 404-894-2500
- AE Computer Access, Hardware and Support Matters: email@example.com
- Georgia Tech OIT Issues? Try these FAQs
- Research Lab and Equipment Matters: firstname.lastname@example.org
- AE Building Access and Safety Matters: email@example.com
* employees who do not fall into this category should contact the AE HR Coordinator to discuss possible options